Dr. Anin Sethi studied at Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh Proceeded to do PG JR. MS ophthalmology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, and is currently working at Mirchia’s Laser Eye Clinic, Chandigarh. He is a specialist in treating glaucoma and has various ways to resolve the most asked question- can glaucoma be stopped? Yes, it can be and is often treated by lowering the pressure in the eye with laser surgery, drugs, or surgery. However, the results can only preserve the remaining vision, not the lost one. If your practitioner recommends treatment, don’t put it off. Follow all the prescriptions wisely.
He has also initiated several programs in surgical training and research and occupies positions such as:
Cataract surgery: Extra capsular cataract extraction, Phacoemulsification – done over 1000 cases of phacoemulsification.
Glaucoma surgeries: over 120 trabeculectomies
Squint surgeries: over 350 squint surgeries including the obliques.
Other surgeries: Corneal perforation repair, Evisceration, Intravitreal injections, Pterygium/Chalazion excision, Lid laceration repair,
NdYAG capsulotomy, NdYAG Peripheral iridotomy
Clinical and surgical training of junior residents- cataract surgery, trabeculectomy and strabismus surgery.
Surgical training of senior residents- trabeculectomy and strabismus surgery.
Academic sessions with BSc (Optom.) students.
- WORKSHOPS / CONFRENCES ATTENDED
Presentation on ‘Exotropias- a case based approach’- RPC Strabismus Workshop 2020
Presentation on ‘Intermittent exotropia’- RPC strabismus Workshop 2019
Presentation on ‘MIGS- XENgel Stent and InnFocus- a literature review’- RPC Glaucoma Workshop 2019
Presentation on ‘Sensory examination for a case of Strabismus’- RPC Strabismus Workshop 2018
Presentation on ‘Genetics in Glaucoma’- RPC Glaucoma Workshop 2018
Presentation on ‘Examination of a Strabismus case’- AIOC 2018.
Part of the organizing committee for INOS Annual meet 2018
He has also contributed to over internationally accepted publications
- Dhiman R, Sharma M, Sethi Anin, Sharma S, Kumar A, Saxena R. A rare case of Bruns syndrome with bilateral superior oblique palsy and dorsal midbrain syndrome. JAAPOS. 2017 Apr;21(2):167-170. doi: 10.1016/j.jaapos.2016.11.024. Epub 2017 Feb16. PubMed PMID: 28213087
- Sethi A, Brar A, Dhiman R, Angmo D, Saxena R. Association of pseudo-exotropia with true esotropia in cicatricial retinopathy of prematurity. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology. 2020 May 1;68:901.
- Sharma P, Saxena R, Bhaskaran K, Dhiman R, Sethi A, Obedulla H. Augmented medial transposition of split lateral rectus in the management of synergistic divergence. Journal of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. 2019 Nov 1;24.
- Saxena R, Sethi A, Dhiman R, Sharma M, Sharma P. Enhanced adjustable nasal transposition of split lateral rectus muscle for surgical management of oculomotor nerve palsy. Journal of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. 2020 Jun 1;24.
- Gupta S, Sethi A, Yadav S, Azmira K, Singh A, Gupta V. Safety and efficacy of incisional goniotomy as an adjunct with phacoemulsification in primary angle-closure glaucoma. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. 2020 Nov 23;Publish Ahead of Print.
- S G, A S, P S, Pk M, Js T. Long-Term Complications of Anterior Chamber Iris Claw Lens. The Official Scientific Journal of Delhi Ophthalmological Society. 2019 Dec 27;30(1):65–6.
- Sihota R, Sidhu T, Agarwal R, Sharma A, Gupta A, Sethi A, et al. Evaluating target intraocular pressures in primary congenital glaucoma. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2021 Aug;69(8):2082–7.
- Dada T, Ramesh P, Sethi A, Bhartiya S. Ethics of Glaucoma Widgets. J Curr Glaucoma Pract. 2020;14(3):77–80.
- Under Review
- Lakra S, Sihota R, et al “Customizing GPA to fields immediately prior to review, helps identify glaucoma progression early.”
- Sethi A, Rakheja V, Gupta S. “Technology Update: Glaucoma screening and diagnosis”. DOS Times
- Awarded Third prize in RPC ophthalmology quiz, 2017, New Delhi
- “Best of Show” award for AAO 2019- Augmented Adjustable Medial Transposition of Split Lateral Muscle for Management of Complete Oculomotor Nerve Palsy. Rohit Saxena, Anin Sethi, Rebika Dhiman, Medha Sharma, Pradeep Sharma.
- 2ndPrize in Glaucoma video Presentation -Management Of Hypotony Maculopathy Post Trabeculectomy With Scleral Patch Graft And Conjuctival Overlay. Anirudh Kapoor, Anin Sethi, Ramanjit Sihota, Tanuj Dada. DOS 2020