Please use our Services only if you agree to the use of your information in accordance with the terms set out below.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is that information which can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. It includes de-identified data that, when linked to other information available to us, would enable us to identify you. Personal data does not include data that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that we cannot identify you through it, even in conjugation with other information.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you sign up or register on our Website to use our Services, the types of information that will be collected by us includes:
- Name and Address;
- Email ID / Phone Number;
- Demographic data (such as your gender, your age and your location);
- Medical information that you provide us relating to any existing or suspected health conditions;
- Medical case history test including investigation reports, existing patient ID (if any) as may be applicable
- Information regarding your usage of the Services, such as search history, and record of medical appointments made through the use of Services, any prescriptions you provide us;
- Insurance data(such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan);
- Financial information such as payment details including but not limited to internet banking details or debit/credit card;
- User ids associated with internet based digital platforms, including third party platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or Skype that are used as channels for Services;
- Any other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us ;
How We Use Your Personal Data
All the information provided by you to us, including Personal Information or specific categories of Personal Information, is voluntary. We use your personal data for purposes which include the following:
- Offering you personalized Services and targeted advertisements;
- Processing any orders you may place using our Services
- Improvement of our products and services;
- Research and analysis, including for the development of commercial solutions;
- Addressing your requests, queries and complaints, in any, pertaining to our Services;
- Investigating, enforcing, and resolving disputes;
- For the purpose of contacting you to provide you with new Services, taking feedback, assisting you with completion of transactions or other issues relating to the use of Services.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding the Services, please send us an email at [[email protected]]
The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain (that is not sensitive personal data or information) that is used by us and our service providers for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for user administration. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing services to you, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. The cookies however, do not store any Personal Information that belongs to you. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Website, but the Website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We disclose and in some cases transfer your personal information to such entities as required to provide Services to you. These entities may be located outside India, which you hereby consent to. We require such entities to protect your information through equivalent security measures as what we would adopt. An indicative list of entities we may disclose or transfer information to, are provided below.
- Service Providers: We share personal data with companies that provide Services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data storage, software services, email services, marketing, fulfilling customer orders, providing payment services, data analytics, providing customer services, and conducting surveys. These companies may be located within or outside India, but in any case are obligated to protect your data.
- Business Affiliates: We may disclose or transfer some of your information with group companies and affiliates, including foreign entities. We may your information accessible to our employees, agents or partners and third parties only on a need-to-know basis, and binds only its employees to strict confidentiality obligations
In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal data to the relevant third party.
- Law Enforcement Agencies: We may share information with law enforcement agencies pursuant to lawful requests for information, and otherwise as required under any law applicable at the given time.
- Others: We may also disclose personal data if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. However, you have the responsibility of ensuring that you review the accuracy of information provided by you and contact us in case of discrepancies, or in case you wish to discontinue the use of our services. You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- You have the right to access your personal information, and request correction and deletion.
- You are free to not share any medical or other information that you consider confidential, and withdraw consent for us to use data that you have already provided. In the event that you refuse to share any information, or withdraw consent to process information that you have previously given to us, we reserve the right to restrict or deny the provision of our services for which we consider such information to be necessary.
- You may contact [please insert name of Grievance Officer] to exercise any of these rights. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
Data Retention Policy
We store your personal information in accordance with applicable laws, which means we keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with our services or as may be required under any law. We shall store your personal information for lawful purposes only. We keep de-identified data for research and statistical purposes for a longer period, subject to legal requirements under the medical laws.
If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your data, and we may delete any or all of your data without liability. However, we may retain data related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or if required by law, or for other legitimate purposes.
Confidentiality, Information Security Policy
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures for the purpose of safeguarding all data you share with us, and have internal policies in place to prevent unauthorized access to your data. We also take adequate steps to ensure that third parties we share data with also adopt reasonable level of security practices and procedures to ensure the privacy and security of your personal information.
No administrator at our end will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile phone. Be sure to log off from the Website when finished. We do not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of your account and password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify us by sending an email to [[email protected]]. You shall be liable to indemnify us due to any loss suffered by us due to such unauthorized use of your account and password, in accordance with the indemnification provision set out under our “[https://www.dragarwal.com/terms-conditions-telemedicine/].”
However, we are not responsible for any loss, unauthorized access, safety issue or any harm caused to you by any misuse of your personal information, unless it is a direct and foreseeable consequence of negligence and non-compliance on our part only. We are not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your Personal Information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties. Further, we shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service on your part. You hereby acknowledge that we are not responsible, in particular, for any third party action or action on your part leading to loss, damage or harm to you or any other person.
Third Party Websites and Services
Our website may contain links to third party services, and give you the ability to access such third-party websites, products, and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those third parties, nor are we responsible for the information or content their products and services contain. Please read the privacy policies of any third party before proceeding to use their websites, products, or services.