MBBS, MS Ophthalmology
After completing his med school and post-graduation in ophthalmology, Dr. Ashvin gave his International Council of Ophthalmology – ICO Part 1. He then worked with in Bascom Palmer Institute, Miami, Florida & Price Vision Group, Indianapolis. Trained in Refractive and Corneal Surgeries. Headed back to Dr. Agarwal Eye Hospital, Chennai, India. Worked in cataract division and had been working ever Since then he has been practicing at Dr. Agarwal’s Eye Hospital till date and is the Managing Director of Orbit Healthcare Pvt Ltd. Dr. Ashvin has performed over 15000 surgeries so far. He specializes in a niche segment of complex Cataract care management, Corneal refractive surgeries and anterior segment repair procedures.
He is the Chief clinical officer of Dr. Agarwal’s eye hospitals group which have over 95 locations globally, he takes strategic & administrative decisions towards sustenance and clinical quality across the group.
Dr. Ashvin has a keen interest in research and academics and has occupied positions as course director, moderator, speaker, instructor and faculty in over 50+ academic conferences.
He has also initiated several programs in surgical training and research and occupies positions such as:
• Eye Connect International – Co Founder
• ISRS Webinar Task Force Chair
• ISRS Cataract Refractive Committee Member
• AAO ONE Network Member
• World Webinar on Cataract and Refractive Surgery – Co Founder
• IIRSI – Organizer since 2011
• Rising Stars in Ophthalmology – Co Founder
• RETICON – Programme Director since 2014
• Dr. Agarwals Grand Rounds – Organizer, Monthly since 2018
• Kalpavriksha – India’s first ever Post Graduate crash course, Organizer since 2007
He has also contributed to over 30 internationally accepted publications