Eyes are delicate organ of the human body that require a lot of our attention. Every dream begins with your vision. Vision problems are very common in school going kids. Unfortunately, a lot of these vision problems are detected later. It’s important to get your kid’s eyes examined regularly. Be sure to have a yearly medical and eye check-up for your child.
Symptoms to notice in Kids:
- Blurry or double vision
- Trouble in seeing the blackboard.
- Difficulty paying attention in class
- Poor performance in school especially after consistent performance
- Difficulty when reading and studying.
Some of the things you could do to help nurture your child’s vision are:
- Balanced Diet: Make sure their diet includes green leafy vegetables like spinach, carrots, fruits rich in Vitamin A and C like oranges, mango, papaya and apricot. These are considered to be healthy for your children’s eyes.
- Ask your children to watch TV from a distance of approx. 3.5 metre and in a well-lighted room.
- Avoid playing video &mobile games which can cause headache, uneasiness in the eye, or blurred vision.
- While using computers, the screen should be slightly lower than the eye level.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes.
- Children should not touch the eyes with dirty hands.
- Use appropriate light while studying
- Do not give sharp toys to your kids for playing. This may cause injury to their eyes.
- Make sure children wear protective masks and goggles while swimming.
- If your child has been prescribed glasses, encourage them to wear it. Also get timely check-ups done to make sure the power of the glasses is correct.